Joint BES and SFE 2014 Annual Meeting
9 – 12 December, Grand Palais, Lille, France
Call for Workshops: Open 17 March 2014
Workshops at the 2014 Joint Annual Meeting will showcase the most important and timely methods, applications, communications, technology and personal development associated with ecological science.
They should involve at least one of the following activities: training, communication, outreach and policy. Examples could include mathematical or statistical training, policy discussions, funding workshops, publishing and career development. Selected workshops will add significant structure to the meeting, offering access to aspects of ecology not found in posters or oral presentations. They must offer opportunities for audience participation and will typically last 1 – 2 hours.
• involve sessions on training, communication, outreach or policy
• identify a training need for the target audience
• provide an opportunity to learn about / take part in discussions on topical European issues
• provide an opportunity to learn about / take part in activities relating to ecological science
• have a broad appeal and be of interest to ecologists
• have speakers / leaders who have a high profile in their field.
All proposals will be evaluated by a joint committee, led by Dr. Andrew Beckerman from the BES and Dr. Christophe Thébaud from SFE. Space is limited. The closing date for applications is 1 May 2014.
– See more at: http://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/events/annual-meeting-2014-call-for-workshops/#sthash.RZaMyDo3.dpuf