The Brosi Lab at Emory University is seeking a post-doctoral research fellow focused on ecological
modeling. Specific topics include biodiversity-ecological functioning relationships and network structure
– function – stability relationships. Much of our lab’s work focuses on mutualisms and especially
pollination, and we intend for this modeling work to include those systems and well as extensions to
While the focus is on modeling, there is a possibility to conduct field work at the Rocky Mountain
Biological Laboratory (summer 2018) and / or conduct controlled multi-species resource-based
experiments with bees in the lab. There will also be opportunities to interact with collaborators, on both
the theoretical and empirical side, from a range of institutions.
The post-doc will initially be physically located at Stanford University, where the PI (Berry Brosi) will be
on sabbatical in Fall 2017 (preference to begin 1 September). The position will then transition to Emory
University in January 2018. For candidates with a strong record of independent work, there may be the
possibility to work remotely, particularly after at least some time in residence. The position has an initial
duration of one year with the possibility of extending to a second year.
The salary for the position is $48,000.
– Ph.D. in ecology or a Ph.D. in an allied field (e.g. applied mathematics)
– strong experience and skills in ecological modeling
– strong publication track record
– strong quantitative and programming skills
– excellent writing skills
– able to work collaboratively in a positive and productive team setting
– experience with network modeling, preferably in a population-dynamic framework
– experience with dynamical systems theory, including Lyapunov stabilty
– use of R for programming is preferred, though other languages may be used
– interest in and experience with grant writing
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and 1-3 representative publications to
https://apply.interfolio.com/41203 (please do not email these materials). Get in touch with PI Berry
Brosi, bbrosi [at] emory (dot) edu if you have any questions regarding the position.
While the deadline of the position is set to mid-August, please apply by 15 July 2017 for full