The Conservation, Biodiversity & Territory Institute at the College of Forestry and Natural Resource Sciences of the Universidad Austral de Chile invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position.
Applicants should have expertise in at least one of the following areas of specialization: i) Geospatial Analysis and Modeling of Natural Resources, ii) Land-use Planning, and iii) Biodiversity Conservation and Local Development. The appointment is equally divided between the following duties: undergraduate- and graduate-level teaching, hi-level research, and services. Successful candidates will be expected to develop an externally funded peer-reviewed research program that achieves an international reputation in their area of expertise. Fundamental to these positions is working across disciplinary and institutions. The appointed faculty member will mentor and advise undergraduate, graduate students, and post-doctoral researchers, and teach courses in their area of expertise.
• An earned Ph.D. in fields related to Environmental Sciences such as ecology, geography, earth sciences, biology, biostatistics, botany, wildlife conservation, or related discipline at the time of appointment.
• Demonstrated ability in conducting peer-reviewed research in areas of expertise with a corresponding publication record.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to articulate science inside and outside the classroom to diverse audiences.
• Fluent in Spanish and English
To apply, please submit by email to [email protected]
• Letter of intent and teaching statement
• Current CV
• Copies of your most relevant publications
• Two letters of reference
Applications should be sent to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] with “Codigo 272017” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin September 1st, 2017 and desired availability to start as of January 1st, 2018.
Further enquiries may be directed to the Institute of Conservation, Biodiversity & Territory:
E-mail: [email protected]